Here are some recent examples of the work delivered by members of the LUV team:
Hosting international visitors:
- We provided a site visit and walking tour of the Olympic Park for Gehl Architects from Copenhagen
- We supported a programme and study tour of international architects who stayed in Balfron Tower, Poplar as part of the London Festival of Architecture
- a one week learning programme about Local Economic Development on behalf of Birmingham City University for a group of senior Nigerian Civil Servants;
- a three day London urbanism learning programme for a group of civil servants from Guangxi, China, as part of a course for Oxford University;
- a short learning programme about development delivery vehicles for a delegation from the City of Johannesburg Property Company.
- We hosted a senior delegation from Renewal South Australia over three days for the London leg of their cities tours.
Research and urban practice
- an action learning programme for shop traders exploring models for town centre revitalisation in London’s suburbs
- socio-economic analysis to support masterplanning in various London neighbourhoods including Stratford, Southall, and the Royal Docks
- guidance documents on the development of artists studios
- a seminar series exploring the legacy of the Olympic Games
- lectures on the impact of major sporting events
- presentation of papers to an international conference on masterplanning in China
- speaking at the London Festival ‘Battle of Ideas’ on housing development
- an Open House walk in the fringe of the London Olympic Park, attended by over 250 people.
- urban commentaries for the monthly urban running tours led by FIT CITY. To date, tours have explored neighbourhoods including Kings Cross, Brentford, Regents Canal, Lower Lea, City of London and Barbican.
Contact us” href=”mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org”>Contact us for further information about our lectures, tours, learning programmes and events.